[Wolves] OT: wndows virus

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:18:58 GMT 2005

Hiya,

I know its not really to do with anything, but for some reason someone
tried to send me a virus from a spoofed e-mailaddress on my own
domain.

Fair enougth, however it is only to my account on my domain, and for
some reason the virus was corrupted, checked with several windows
machines, As it so happened that the comapny is testing sophos so it
came at a good time.

So ther you go someone from australia (looked through the headers and
looked up the originating IP, rported to their ISP), used a fake
e-mail address on my own domain, faked using otulook express 6 badly
(wrong X_mailer headrer for this version of OE) a virus which as been
corrupted virus which doesnt work anyway.

Dont you just love these windoze users

Sorry it just made me laugh so i thought i'd share it.

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,
SimonB