[Wolves] Intellimouse and SuSE 9.2

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 21:39:20 GMT 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:44:59 +0000, Tim Humpherson
<tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Strange!
>
> In FC3, my Intellimouse (non-M$) does work well, even with the middle
> mouse wheel and click.  But under SuSE 9.2 Professional, the wheel
> does not have any effect at all.
>
> I have tried several combinations of possible mouse drivers that comes
> with the SuSE, but to no avail?  Perhaps I have overlooked something?
>
> The mouse is an optical type (no ball, a female mouse, perhaps?) and
> uses an USB port.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Tim

Tim.  I've had a M$ Intellimouse running under suSE 9.1 and 9.2 until
it died a few days ago.  However,  the middle button had no effect
apart from the scrolling wheel which works in everything.  I am now
the proud owner of a new cordless optical wheel mouse which works
exactly the same.  Except that it has two extra buttons on the side
which again, do not work.  It's possibly the same situation that Mo
found himself in with his multimedia keyboard.  Until it is written in
then basic functions will work and that's your lot.

On the subject of mice.  Why did they ever bring out a USB mouse?  If
you use a USB port for your mouse then you have a PS2 port unused.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street