[Wolves] Installation resources?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 09:46:23 GMT 2005

On Sunday 20 February 2005 21:17, Tim Humpherson wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what is the FTP address, server name. etc. so that
> I can try to use "alternative source" to the SuSE DVD disc?

Tim

Your being a naughty boy again, first you will have a list of alternative
sites in the 'new server' section of 'YOU'

Second go to the Suse site, download section, there is a list of FTP and HTTP
alternatives.

18 months ago I had abusive arguments with people in connection with asking
for help I couldn't understand why people wouldn't just tell me! Now I
realise that;

1. I wasn't learning anything that way.
2. People get fed up with fixing stuff that you can fix yourself by reading a
help file.

Please please please, look in the help files they're free and come with your
distribution in the case of Suse you can download both Administrator and User
manuals (Unless you already have them).

Look on you distributions website theres bound to be an answer there, and as
always there is Mr Google.

While I have no responsability for this list its becoming obvious that
questions are being asked without the poster even attempting to look for
themselves this is bourne out by the wide range of specific subjects posted
within a short space of time of each other and most of those posts are not
connected to each other.

I'm happy to help anyone but that might change if I feel people are not
helping themselves first.

Oh crap, I sound just like them nasty people when I first joined :D