[Wolves] Installation resources?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 17:53:17 GMT 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:44:36 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 15:57, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > It's using that M$ software that does it Peter ;-))))
>
> Personally I don't have a problem with Microsoft I do think its a bit poor
> when they release software with known bugs but as to their business strategy
> my view is "So what" if I had a product that people bought I'd do everything
> to protect it and ensure I had no competition after all I'd be doing it to
> make money.

Oh I wouldn't have any problem if they would release software that
worked without crashing with horrible regularity.  Though, saying
that, I don't remember the last time win2k crashed on me.  But, again,
it does get switched off every night.

> I hated Linux when I first had a go with it about 5 years ago but then about
> two and a bit years ago I was given some Redhat discs, as every man and his
> dog is an MSCE and all I get all day is "Oh no, I know a bloke who builds the
> things in his wheelie bin" and the government can knock out an IT expert
> inside of two weeks on one of their back to work, job club lets do anything
> to not pay dole schemes.

I can honestly say that I have always loved at least the thought of
Linux.  I first heard about it in 1996.  I did some Unix dabbling
before this but only very, very lightweight stuff.  No real admin
stuff just chmod bits and pieces to get a web site up and running.

> I thought right this Linux stuff is getting better and looks like a real
> alternative now, I'm gonna get involved in it, this may lead to a better paid
> job in a market that isn't flooded to death.

:-))))))

> > Alright, sorry for swearing there, I'm trying to perk myself up a bit.
> >  I had a bump in the car this morning :-(((  Now I'm seriously worried
> > that I'm having mini blackouts.  I have no other way of explaining the
> > fact that I went into the side of a woman's car while I was pulling
> > out of a road.  But then, she could have been batting along.
>
> Let me know when your on the road, I'll stay indoors!!! :D

Peter, I love you ;-)  I may pop in and upset you sometime this
week....but then again, I may not.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer