[Wolves] Web Site

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 18:58:19 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 17:34, Adam Sweet wrote:

> > I don't think theres much value to it.
>
> I think Kevan, Tim, Mo and the other people getting to
> grips with SuSE or FC would disagree.

True, I wasn't fishing for complements I'm very self critical and not easily
impressed. The other day my one daughter brought some work home when I said
to her "I'm impressed" my other daughter (Twins) said "Blimey thats good
nothing impresses dad!" (Mental note lock daughter in shed) :D

> > I suppose I could do a blog but I don't know how. If
> > what I see on my account
> > is right I don't think I have the space, at least I
> > wont have in a few months time.
>
> A blog is only useful if you are planning to write a
> lot of stuff in a chronological order that can
> essentially be ignored, or linked to from newer
> articles, once they become old news. It's essentially
> a thought or announcement archive. Thats what I use
> mine for. Random thoughts, rants, opinions or utter
> bollocks.

Hm, on the one hand this could be very good, latest personal advances and so
on. but if things 'drop off the end' it might be a bit pointless.

> If I understand the purpose of your site correctly, a
> blog is of no use to you. You could add a blog if you
> want to, if you want to shout into the night air like
> I do.

You may be right although I'm setting the sites objectives a little bit lower
now, I think the idea was OK but maybe it would be better implemented by an
organisation rather than an individual.

AKA. Bit off more than he could chew :-)

> Rob would probably recommend a Wiki (until yesterday
> ;)

Yeah I looked at that, its stuffed isn't it?

--
Regards
Peter Cannon