[Wolves] setup a internet link during bootup on Ubuntu (warty)

baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 01:10:04 GMT 2005

Adam Sweet wrote:

> --- baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>The problem is the Internet times out after 45 mains
>>and drops the line.
>>On boot up my pc gets an SIP address from my router
>>via DHCP with no
>>problems, it just won't connect to my ISP. To do
>>that I have to browse
>>to my router with Firefox  and activate the net
>>manually.
>>

>So the problem is that your connection drops after 45
>mins? Umph, sorry chief can't help you there. Don't
>know what SIP is.
>
>Ad
>
>=====

SIP?? Spell checkers eh? That should have read IP address.

Na, the problem is my router/modem drops the net after 45mins if no
computers on my network are using the net. When the net is, 'down',
Ubuntu does not bring it back, 'up' when it boots so it hangs for ages
at the configuring clock to ntp server bit.

Baza