[Wolves] setup a internet link during bootup on Ubuntu (warty)

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 01:19:32 GMT 2005

 --- baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Adam Sweet wrote:
>
> > --- baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> >>The problem is the Internet times out after 45
> mains
> >>and drops the line.
> >>On boot up my pc gets an SIP address from my
> router
> >>via DHCP with no
> >>problems, it just won't connect to my ISP. To do
> >>that I have to browse
> >>to my router with Firefox  and activate the net
> >>manually.
> >>

> >So the problem is that your connection drops after
> 45
> >mins? Umph, sorry chief can't help you there. Don't
> >know what SIP is.

> SIP?? Spell checkers eh? That should have read IP
> address.

Sorry wasn't being sarcastic, thought you meant SIP (I
googled and came up with something to do with VoIP, so
it sounded feasible http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/ )

> Na, the problem is my router/modem drops the net
> after 45mins if no
> computers on my network are using the net. When the
> net is, 'down',
> Ubuntu does not bring it back, 'up' when it boots so
> it hangs for ages
> at the configuring clock to ntp server bit.

Ahh, and normally some network action would cause the
router to reconnect? I would have a look at the router
and make sure it's not set to auto disconnect after 45
mins...

I'm still not helping am I? ;)

Ad

=====