[Wolves] Suse 9.2

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 10:14:48 GMT 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:29:07 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> First off happy new year to one and all.
>
> Ive seen the posts from Mo so thought I know I'll re-install from DVD, big
> mistake! my modems connection has started to refuse to work again this gets
> weirder the thing dials, connects then dies I'm getting "PPP died
> expectantly", "Your kernel does not support PPP" and the best one of all "PPP
> module is not installed" this is all from wvdial the most basic of apps!
>
> Happy New year :-(
>
> When using Suse's patch-update system do you just need the patch folder or
> must you have the whole update tree?
>
> I intend to download the most recent updates at work and load them locally
> when I get home.
>
> P.S. I have a spare, sealed, boxed Suse Pro 9.2 if anyone wants it?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Peter Cannon.
> peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
>
> "There is every excuse for not knowing
> there is no excuse for not asking"

I've had exactly the same - modem trouble - happen to me with SuSE
more than once.  Problem is, I cannot for the life of me remember how
to sort it out :-(((  DOH!!!!!  I can recall going into the settings
through KDE.  I think I lengthened all the time outs....but we all
know what thought did.

If it comes to me I'll post it up here.

--
Take care.