[Wolves] Suse Pro 9.2 AKA Mo killed my Modem

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 15:55:06 GMT 2005

 --- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Well heres a laugh for you, as I was having problems
> with Suse 9.2 plus
> thought I had to do a full re-install to benefit
> from the DVD disks as
> apposed to the CD's I thought it was time to spend
> some bucks and upgrade my
> machine so Christmas bonus in hand I bought a P4
> 3GHz CPU, 512MB DDR (Giving
> me 1 GB Memory) and Windows XP Home, I know I know
> but the kids cant play
> Harry Potter without it.
>
> So remember my Modem stopped working when I upgraded
> from 9.1 to 9.2 well
> guess what it now works fine but Windows XP hates
> it!!! plus I no longer get
> sound under Suse, oh and the only language available
> is American!!! I looked
> at the 'Add Language' but there is no list to choose
> from will now be
> spending the weekend hammer in hand persuading Suse
> to play ball.
>
> --
> Regards
> Peter Cannon

Sorry about the previous email, I pressed the wrong
botton!

If you go to control center and sound and multimedia
then sound systems and or audio cds the sound daemon
comes on. To get the sound speaker in the system tray
got to multimedia then sound control.

Glad modem works. Its amazing people think that Linux
is the only OS with hardware problems! MS is full of
it, it just people have grown to accept problems and
usually put it down to the computer, "Oh its playing
up again" and nine times out of ten its MS and not the
PC.

hope this helps

Mo