[Wolves] Tape Backup

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 13:47:09 GMT 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:26:31 +0000, Chris Ball <chris at mnemonik.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know a good GUI tape backup/recovery program for Linux?
>
> I wrote a shell script that uses tar, but people other than me need to
> do the backup sometimes and would be more comfortable clicking a button
> (the server is SuSE 9.2).

I know that amanda is a good backup program that can backup to tape,
or with wrappers can backup to cd/dvd or to a local/network disk.
There are some GUI's about for it, but off hand i cant name one.
Its pretty easy and powerful.

also with a quick google there is even a gui available for it for
windoze, (ie AFAIK you can backup *nix server from windows box)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/amanda-win32/
--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,