[Wolves] Eductional Games

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 10:15:44 GMT 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:25:48 +0000, Katherine Goodwin
<kat at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:
> Shortly after almost succeeding in ubuntu-ising David's sister's
> machine, (modem troubles which will hopefully be shortly resolved) we've
> got our hands on my brother's PC which we are reinstalling on the
> understanding that we maintain it for them.
>
> I want to set up as much useful stuff as possible.  Most of this for my
> brother and sister-in-law will be covered by mozilla and openoffice but
> they also have 2 kids.  One is nearly 2 and obviously not very
> interested in a computer, but the elder is 7 and I think she would make
> good use of it.  My question therefore, is aimed at LUG members with
> kids.  Have you found any good educational games / drawing packages etc
> for around that age range (she is very bright)?
>
> All sensible suggestions will be played with myself :-)
>
> thanks
>
> Kat

I'm not sure whether Frozen Bubble is in Ubuntu but as a game it's
great.  Well, put it like this, my son is 17 and is addicted to stuff
like that new PS2 game - San Andreas?  something or another...

he loves FB :-)))

Or for something more educational but not a game there is always
KStars which I find fascinating.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer