[Wolves] Bluetooth & Mobile phone

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 14:42:36 GMT 2005

Hey Peter,

Couple of things

I tried Bluetooth, Red Hat and mobile a while back with mixed success.
If I remember rightly, it was pretty much plug and play , Red hat installed
and talked to the dongle with
no problems automatically, then i could see the phone correctly.
At this point I think I got stuck with not actually being able to DO
anything (my phone is a Nokia 6600).
Ah yes , I recall now that I was trying to get Evolution address book synced
with phone, but phone wouldn't
have it due to the operating system it uses. So I gave up and only ever use
bluetooth with windows to get pics off.

Second thing is I think you said you have a pcmcia card dongle, I have the
USB version which you are more than welcome
to borrow if you want to experiment with a different approach - I can get my
pics off phone by IR - in fact IR is easier than Bluetooth!
Email me off here if you want it.

Cheers