[Wolves] They've done it again!

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Jan 14 11:41:01 GMT 2005

chris procter wrote:
>>So macs aren't PC's anymore ;-)
>

> I wouldn't have thought you PC people would want to be
> associated with macs!

I've never been acused of being PC before, and I was tempted to use
Apple Mail to reply to this message as I have a Powerbook as well. It
spends most of it's time running Linux of course but is currently, in
suspend mode but, booted into MacOS ;-)

>>iMac, an old style all in one mac with a pretty
>>dress, The G3 Cube, Next
>>again, in a pretty dress, iPod, mp3 player in a
>>pretty dress.
>

> The Apple cube was actually a G4 ;-)

a minor issue, I seem to remember it coming out at about the same time
as the G3's bust the 500mhz barrier.

> The NeXT cube used a 68000 btw

did it?  If the G3 and the G4 are significantly different to point it
out then the 68000 and the 68030 are too ;-)

> So buy a pc with a processor based on a 25+ year old
> design and run linux whoose roots are 35+ years old,
> built by Linus "operating system research ended in the
> 70's" Torvald instead ;-)

this coming from a man who thinks that Apple don't regurgiate old ideas
with slick marketing and BSD with a pretty dress is better than Torvelds
and co taking the best bits of all the Unices to build a new one.

The point still is you are supporting machines, operating systems and
guis that are direct ansestors of ones Jobs was doing the slick
marketing job on at NeXT and before that at Apple in the 80's.  Still
nothing new, still nothing to see, move along now.

> chris

you have a longer reply on SB lug list once the moderator gets off his
fat arse and allows it to be posted.  Now I remember why I got pissed
off and left the list previously ;-)  I think it might be the combo of a
.biz address, long message and the following url
http://www.jwz.org/images/iProduct.gif enjoy ;-)

sparkes