[Wolves] Suse Pro 9.2 AKA Mo killed my Modem

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 11:59:06 GMT 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 11:24, Peter Evans wrote:

> Did you guys manage to get this fixed at all?
>
> Reason  I ask is that I've kept 9.1 Pro on my machine, but have been
> upgrading to KDE 3.3 via the SuSE ftp packages and on my last upgrade I too
> lost all the system sounds.  Had a quick mooch on the buglist over at KDE
> and it appears as though I'm not the only one - someone has registered the
> same problem against KNotify.
>
> Any workarounds or pointers you could provide would be welcomed ;-)

I've not looked at my sound problem yet although I seem to remember reading on
the Suse portal that a number of sound cards don't work, they don't know why,
and have no fix at this point in time! which I thought was really good
considering someone may have paid £60 for it (PC World, although I think they
have reduced the price now)

You say you lost sound after upgrading KDE? so logic says that must be the
problem area maybe something is hogging/blocking the sound?

Maybe I'm being stupid but what I don't understand is if I play a music CD
under Suse Pro 9.2 I get sound, but I cant get stuff like email notification,
window open/closes in fact any app that has a startup sound. :-(

There is one way to solve this though, when you open/start something, make the
sound yourself :-0

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.