[Wolves] Mouse under SuSE

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 13:34:25 GMT 2005

 --- fizzy <fizzyorguk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hola,
>
> Done a default install on SuSE 9.1 on a bog standard
> compaq machine. All seems ok, only the mouse isn't
> working! Cursor shows, but movement just isn't
> happening :( Mouse worked fine under windows.  It's
> standard ps2 mouse, and yes, it's plugged in right
> ;)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> fizz

I had similar problems when I installed SUSE for
others.

Where you able to use it when you were installing? Is
the mouse a two button type?  Did you install SUSE
using a different mouse?

The problem I had was once you are on the desktop and
the mouse doesn't work you can't get to YAST to
configure it!Or worse all sorts of windows start to
open and I have to shut the system down from the reset
button.

I suggest that you change to another mouse type and
then re-configure the existing one if you have to keep
it, or do a repaire attempt using the boot CD and
attempt re-configuring the mouse. When I had this
problem the mouse was usually an old one so I just
replaced the old two button mouse with a wheel mouse.

HTH

Mo