[Wolves] Mouse under SuSE

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 14:48:03 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 14:30, fizzy wrote:
> Dropped to a command line and tried it as a both the
> ps2 mice but that didn't work :(  It was installed
> with a non gui version of yast.
>
> Realised we don't need it actually anyway now, it's
> command line stuff we're doing.  Whoever designed the
> linux installer for remedy server needs beating ;)

Ah, wasn't trying to be patronising even I overlook the obvious. Theres
nothing more annoying than getting stuck in a loop, your working away in
graphical mode and it doesn't occur to drop into init 1 or 3 plus some people
don't realise you can work without a mouse (honest, they don't) I know what
your gonna say but you are sure the mouse works? and is the PS2 port OK?

You know the old saying "Start at the beginning"

what does /Dev give you? I'm not at home so I'm using FC3 on my laptop at the
moment I will check tonight on my Suse box, on this laptop the mouse
is /Dev/mouse0

Pete the gifted amateur stabbing in the dark :-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk