[Wolves] Fedora Core 3

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 09:41:23 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 01:46, Wayne Morris wrote:

> Is Fedora 3 a worthwhile upgrade from F1?

Good question, when I first installed FC3 I hated it the release was rushed,
for some reason, it had loads of bugs and glitches (I haven't time to go
through them all) FC2 was V. good and I had no real problems.

FC3 has moved along very well and is a lot better now I would imagine the
current iso's have the latest rpms so you shouldn't need the 30 million
updates I've had to do to get it stable again.

> Can it be done as a yum or apt-get upgrade or does it have to be a cd
> install.

This is doable although personally I wouldn't recommend it, I also wouldn't
recommend upgrade either fresh installs are always best take a look at the
Fedora archives there are lots & lots of posts regarding upgrade using both
yum and apt here is the link.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2

I'm thinking of unsubscribing from the Fedora list as the questions are
starting to become repetitive and too many lazy people are joining who, its
painfully obvious, have not even looked at either the man pages or the help
files they just ask how to do it.

I haven't a problem with that persay but I like to know that they have at
least tried to solve the problem if they cant I wont muck about its easier to
tell them how to do it.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.