[Wolves] Happy again

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 21:33:58 GMT 2005

Finally, I am back on my beloved Linux box :-)))  After spending the
whole of the Christmas period having to use a Micro$oft box I'm sure
you can tell how happy I am.

Now, a few things.  I've put SuSE 9.2 on now - it was 9.1 before.
I've done a clean install rather than an upgrade because of the
problems highlighted by other in the LUG.  but, I have had absolutely
no trouble at all in setting up my dial up modem.  I did anticiate
problems as this particular PC has a 3Com NIC in it as well.  I
configured that as manual as it is not actually used but I didn't want
to take it out.  I also tried out a new optical USB mouse I have.  It
simply worked :-)))) very nice.

I like 9.2 especially seeing as it far faster than Mandrake 10.1  It's
a near enough full 9.2 install as an internet connected workstation so
no Apache or mail servers though.

Oh, and the green cursor theme is very nice :-)))  I know, shallow...
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street