[Wolves] Fedora Core 3

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 23:53:24 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 Jan 2005 09:41, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 01:46, Wayne Morris wrote:
> > Is Fedora 3 a worthwhile upgrade from F1?
>
> Good question, when I first installed FC3 I hated it the release was
> rushed, for some reason, it had loads of bugs and glitches (I haven't time
> to go through them all) FC2 was V. good and I had no real problems.
>
> FC3 has moved along very well and is a lot better now I would imagine the
> current iso's have the latest rpms so you shouldn't need the 30 million
> updates I've had to do to get it stable again.

Sadly not... To my knowledge Red Hat (or the Fedora project) have never
released intermediate versions of the operating system ISOs to "inline" all
the updated packages to date. The latest ISOs are dated 3rd November 2004 -
see http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/iso/

The FC3 updates on the JISC Mirror total 1.27Gb (excluding the "debug"
subdirectory), though that does include duplicate copies of a few packages
that have been updated more than once since the original release.

Regards,

James