[Wolves] Fedora Core 3

Tim Humpherson tim.humpherson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 18:33:39 GMT 2005

OK Peter,

I have tried the following Distros:

1. Debian (favoured by Jono and my first attempt to install Linux
OS.....pretty hard, but I'll save that for when I get used to Linux
first)

2. Xandros (not bad, but difficult to get good support)

3. Mandrake 10.1 (It's alright, dunno if you would recommend me that or not?)

4. SuSE 9.2 Professional - Pretty cool and I liked it very much, but
tricky when I tried to install softwares.  Maybe I didn't read
properly re the rpm package instructions?

5. Fedora Core 3 (I'm using it currently) - Very nice package, I guess
I might have been influenced to choose FC3 as per Linux Format's
reviews.  Just because lots of people favours Apt-Get technology
(Debian) can be used under FC3.  I don't know how to get that done.
Moreover, I'm suprised that Thunderbird 1.0 does not work under FC3?
I wonder why?

So, Peter, just tell me which Linux Distro would you RECOMMEND for a
beginner like me?