[Wolves] Firefox 1.0 Browser

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 23:20:07 GMT 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:03:29 +0000, Tim Humpherson
<tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have heard that there is a plug-in or extension that would 'trick'
> certain websites that your browser is an IE6, when in fact, you are
> using Firefox 1.0?

Indeed there is, and it tricked the dumb national-lottery website the
other day. Their site claims they only support certain browsers, yet
when i pretended to be using IE6 on XP it worked just fine. I sent
them a complaint and just got a standard "we are containually
improving blah blah" utter bullshit. It's crap that we have to use
these tools but we do..

</rant>

> Can anyone tell me where I can find that extension and what is it
> called?  I have been looking for that program and got nowhere.

It's called "User Agent Switcher"

http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/useragentswitcher/

> Can anyone assist?

Ignore the rant, and I think I have.