[Wolves] Firefox 1.0 Browser

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:26:16 GMT 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:19:55 +0000, Alan Pope <alan.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:03:29 +0000, Tim Humpherson
> <tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have heard that there is a plug-in or extension that would 'trick'
> > certain websites that your browser is an IE6, when in fact, you are
> > using Firefox 1.0?
>
> Indeed there is, and it tricked the dumb national-lottery website the
> other day. Their site claims they only support certain browsers, yet
> when i pretended to be using IE6 on XP it worked just fine. I sent
> them a complaint and just got a standard "we are containually
> improving blah blah" utter bullshit. It's crap that we have to use
> these tools but we do..
>
> </rant>
>

> > Can anyone tell me where I can find that extension and what is it
> > called?  I have been looking for that program and got nowhere.
>
> It's called "User Agent Switcher"
>
> http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/useragentswitcher/
>
> > Can anyone assist?
>
> Ignore the rant, and I think I have.
>
> :)
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Very nice and very useful.  Shame we have to put up with idiot, stuid
and lazy web designers.

Another pretty good Firefox plug-in is Spoofstick.  It's on the
official Firefox plug-ins site.  It verifies that a site is really the
site it purports to be.  No doubt there are LUG members who have other
ways of checking this but, for simpletons like me :-) , it works well
enough.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer