[Wolves] To all LUGgers.....

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 22:52:05 GMT 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:26:35 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 21 January 2005 21:22, Andy Wootton wrote:
> > Andy Wootton wrote:
> > > I'd be interested to hear which Linux Distros
> > > [ This seems to have broadened to all Unices ]
> > > you use and how do you rank yourself?
> > >
> > > (Expert, Show-off, amateur, beginner, or nerdy)
> > >
> > > Go on.....  I'll start meself.....
> > >
> > > 1.  Tim  - will install Mandrake 10.1 - Beginner.
> > > 2.  sparkes - Debian / Ubuntu / OpenBSD / LFS / myown ;-) - been
> > > around the block
> > > 3.  Ron - Gentoo / Ubuntu / SuSE - knew the block when it was a field.
> >
> > 4. Ade - Fedora / Ubuntu / Suse - erm, Bald [ we need locking! ]
> >
> > > 5.  Woo - Minix, Linux-FT, Red Hat, Fedora (current), OpenBSD & Ubuntu
> > > (looking likely) Good at installations. Early stage of conversion from
> > > VMS to *x. Love the concepts & the Linux community; hate the syntax.
> 6. Pete C Fedora / Suse / White box (under VMware) /and hopefully will take
> posession of Debian on DVD, tomorrow, £32.15 inc postage and packaging.

7. Simonb: Fedora 3/ ubuntu/ own linux as well as freeBSD, IRIX, HP-UX.
Brought into it 9yrs ago, got voluntary position setting up HP-UX
machines when in yr10 of secondary school and compiled my first kernel
in the days of the 2.2 kernel.

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,