[Wolves] Probs wih install

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 11:51:06 GMT 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 03:58, Wayne Morris wrote:

> Thanks for the other answers, but I should have added that :
>
> It was a brand new drive out of the packet and the error was there.
> I thought maybe "linux needs a formatted drive to play with', hence the
> partitioning it with Partion magic.
>
> So the drive had never been used.

Most of the previous advice given has been sound advice and I'll bow to
superior knowledge.

With regards to "Its a brand new drive" that means nothing we get through
about five or six drives a week at work, this is the pitfall of the 'cheap as
chips' road we seem to be going down as far as PC components are concerned.

Because they have such a low manufacture and sale cost attached quality
control tends to take a back seat, this is the dark side of "Stack em high,
sell em cheap" these days our suppliers don't even bother to issue an RMA
form when we send a batch of drives back they just ship new ones out, you
just keep going until one works :-(

Its got to the stage now where if the ink runs out on your printer throw the
printer away and get a new one you can pick one up at Argos for £30.00 when
you consider colour cartridges can cost around £20-£30 whats the point.

Any particular reason your loading FC1? I can let you have a copy of FC3 if
you want?

--
Regards
Peter Cannon