[Wolves] Display Script (Debian)

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 14:33:45 GMT 2005

Hi All

Is there a way to run the display set up script again under Debian 3.0r2?

After running tasksel and installing X and desktop the packages installed and
I was presented with a semi graphical setup screen which asked for stuff like
Monitor refresh and sync rates.

I thought I was being clever and selected stuff that I thought was right such
as nv for the graphics card driver (which should be correct) the monitor
stuff I just guessed, I tried /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config but that didn't work
I keep getting 'unable to find any screens'?

I was wondering if I ran the set up script a few times I might strike lucky
and get the display to work.

Shame really as this is the furthest I've ever gotten with a Debian install.
Oh by the way the £30.00 I paid for the "Official Debian 3.0r4" was a bit of
a joke the disks are obviously 'self burnt' the disk labels are printed
stickers, the case cover is a printed A4 sheet of paper cut to size must have
cost all of £2.50 to produce not a bad mark up, and to add insult to injury
the god dam disc is corrupt.

I shall, of course, be making a very friendly phone call Monday morning.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon