[Wolves] Display Script (Debian)

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Sun Jan 23 14:54:34 GMT 2005

Peter Cannon wrote:
> Hi All
>

> Shame really as this is the furthest I've ever gotten with a Debian install.
> Oh by the way the �30.00 I paid for the "Official Debian 3.0r4" was a bit of
> a joke the disks are obviously 'self burnt' the disk labels are printed
> stickers, the case cover is a printed A4 sheet of paper cut to size must have
> cost all of �2.50 to produce not a bad mark up, and to add insult to injury
> the god dam disc is corrupt.

anyone can burn debian disks and sell them.  This is explictity allowed
in the licencing and is part of the freesoftware community.

why didn't you ask on the list if anybody could burn them for you?  I am
sure someone would have taken the time to do it for free.

oh, they are called offical if they are created by debian or debian
authored jigdo scripts it doesn't imply money has been donated to the
debian project (or software in the public interest) and that is only the
case if the supplier says it is.

> I shall, of course, be making a very friendly phone call Monday morning.

if it's linuxemporium they will send you a new disk without any bother
but that said their i386 debian disks only cost £12 or £14 and are
proper disks, only 'minority' sets are on gold disks.

sparkes