[Wolves] Display Script (Debian)

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 23 16:03:29 GMT 2005

 --- sparkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
> Peter Cannon wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > Is there a way to run the display set up script
> again under Debian 3.0r2?
> >

> you can reconfigure any package using the same
> command `dpkg-reconfigure`
>
> so to reconfigure the xserver you enter
>
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

And you have to give it the right details or it won't
work as you've found. If you get the question about
the location of the graphics card on the PCI bus, open
a different virtual console and type lspci to list the
contents of your PCI bus (no 'ardware detection 'ere
mate ;) Look for the x.yy.zz identifier on the left I
think, for the one associated with your graphics card.
And then supply it to the config tool with an extra 0
on the front, separated by colons instead of dots.

I've probably made it sound hard but it isn't.
Besides, if you get it wrong, you can just run through
it again and it will remember your settings from last
time, so you can just concentrate on the bit that you
got wrong.

Ad

=====
--