[Wolves] Feel the humanity of it - Ubuntu

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 18:25:18 GMT 2005

I've finally got Ubuntu to install on something. Yay!

Perhaps a box with an Nvidea card wasn't the best to choose for my first
Debian install. I've fooled it into working and now I see why everyone
is so pleased with it. I'm feeling the love, Jono.

I clearly have a lot of reading to do but where do 'base-config' and
'Aptitude' fit into the apt-get story? Are they just 'initial install'
and a 'friendly-front-end' for apt-get? Can I just start using apt-get
now to install Thunderbird instead of this Outlook cover-band, Evolution?

Thanks peeps,
Woo