[Wolves] Display Script (Debian)

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 23 21:07:30 GMT 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 14:53, sparkes wrote:

> anyone can burn debian disks and sell them.  This is explictity allowed
> in the licencing and is part of the freesoftware community.

Fair comment, not got a problem with the above paragraph, but, theres always a
but, When someone is advertised on debian.org as an authorised outlet, (there
site says cheaplinux.co.uk), (I think) (the invoice is Definite Software Ltd
based in Stockport), you pay £30.00 plus £2.15 delivery I was expecting
something similar to the Suse Pro 9.2 box, Thermal printed discs etc. Even
the manual that came with the discs is a hand bound jobby I think £30.00 is a
bit steep for two discs.

> why didn't you ask on the list if anybody could burn them for you?  I am
> sure someone would have taken the time to do it for free.

Ah, good question, today has highlighted what a D%£@ head I am!
As I said before I'm loading this on VMware and I was having trouble with the
3.0r2 discs I downloaded myself so I thought I know if I get the DVD that
will have everything on one disk so I wont have to keep mucking about.
Little did I know I was putting the wrong commands in! all I needed was
tasksel and I could have been where I am today last week!

Keeping in mind my error in how the discs were related and thinking that I
needed all the files in one (say) folder I thought I had to get a DVD.
I didn't think anyone would have the DVD, and I didn't want to ask 20 billion
questions regarding installation as I should know how to do that by now, but
at first Debian had me beat.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon