[Wolves] To all LUGgers.....

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Tue Jan 25 18:05:30 GMT 2005

1.  Tim  - will install Mandrake 10.1 - Beginner.
2.  sparkes - Debian / Ubuntu / OpenBSD / LFS / myown
:-)  - been round the block
3.  Ron - Gentoo / Ubuntu / SuSE - knew the  block
when
it was a field.
4.  Ade - Fedora / Ubuntu / Suse - erm, Bald [we need
locking! ]
5.  Woo - Minix, Linux-FT, Red Hat, Fedora (current),
OpenBSD & Ubuntu(looking likely) Good at
installations. Early stage of conversion from VMS to
*x. Love the concepts & the Linux community;hate the
syntax.
6.  Pete C Fedora / Suse / White box (under
VMware)/and hopefully will take posession of Debian on
DVD, tomorrow, 32.15 inc postage and packaging.
7.  Simonb: Fedora 3/ ubuntu/ own linux as well as
freeBSD, IRIX, HP-UX. Brought into it 9yrs ago, got
voluntary position setting up HP-UX machines when in
yr10 of secondary school and compiled my first kernel
in the days of the 2.2 kernel.
8.  James - Fedora / Red Hat / ARMLinux (although not
very much the latter) - Not as experienced as Ron
9.  Baza - Ubuntu Linux geeky amateur
10. Adam - Debian / Ubuntu. Skills are middling, I'm
very capable but there are a number of gaping holes.
Not as experienced as James
11. Helen - Mandrake / Ubuntu (sort of) - very amateur
12. Mo SuSE-beginner-intermediate
13. Kevan - SuSE 9.2/Madrake 10.1 (very little used
though) +I am ashamed to admit Win 2000 on the family
PC.  I would calss myself as intermediate now as I've
been around the block and learned very little.  I have
had Corel Linux up and running in the past and been a
beta tester for Xandros.  I just love to use Linux
:-)
14. Rob - SuSE 9.2 - experience: absolute beginner but
at least capable of tidying up long mail threads ;)
15. David - Ubuntu / Sarge. Experience: Capable of
nearly anything, but lacking any C programming skills.
Started with RedHat 5.[02]{1} then moved to Slackware
in 97/98. Dabbled once with some *BSDs, didn't think
much of them. Part time Solaris9 admin a few years
ago.
16. Gary - SuSE 9.2 - Stared with suse 6.2 and tried a
few other distro's over the years, but I always
prefered SuSE. I'm no expert, but I can get by with
the help of google and this group.
17. Fizz - Gentoo (debian, SuSE, *BSD) - Messed around
 with various linux/unix distros for about seven
years, never found a perfect distro and always found
linux a lot of hard work compared with 'other
operating systems ;)' on the desktop. Know my way
around but wouldn't claim to be an expert.
18. Chris - Debian (+ Morphix/Knoppix), SuSe, Mandrake
- Rank Amateur
19.  Kat - Ubuntu (or other debian) - have used all
sorts of things over the years when David has
installed them.  In terms of experience I'm a bit of a
mixed bag - I've never really tried any hardware
configuration stuff but I do all sorts of odd sysadmin
bits at work, including building debian packages...
20. Howard I have used Mandrake, Red Hat, Fedora and
now I've managed to get something that does nearly
all I want SuSE 9.1 Pro. I'm sticking to that for the
foreseeable.
21. Jono (Debian, Ubuntu, Mandrake, SuSE, Red Hat,
Slackware etc.)

22. chris Started on Digital Unix and Redhat (in the
year Redhat 5.0 of the lugradio calender),  debian,
SuSE, yellowdog, freeBSD, emacs, OpenBSD, MacOSX,
currently SLES9 at work. Jack of all trades, master of some.