[Wolves] david looking for help - [Fwd: [SB] databases]

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Jan 25 21:24:19 GMT 2005

David (nux) looking for a little help

sparkes

-------- Original Message --------

Greetings,

The MOST project, for which I am currently working, needs someone who
can put a database together with a web based front end for a voluntary
organisation with a sensitive mission. I can't reveal who it's for
publicly. We will pay for this to be done.
This organisation has just been changed from a Windows based system to a
Mandrake Linux based system. They are networked. There are five machines
and three regular employees.
Their client record database is currently in Access mdb format and
Access running on XOver Office has corrupted the files. (There are
recent backups in existence.) One specification is that the database be
either subdivided into Birmingham Electoral Roll areas or at least be
fully queryable by said areas. They want a new database but, are
probably not going to be able to cope with the command line just yet.
OpenOffice2 isn't out yet and I don't know how robust or reliable their
new database front end is. The other various apps, knoda and mysqlcc are
too complex.

Serious offers to do this work to me at the above address or at work
davehATbvscDOTorg

Sparkes, can you pass this on to the Wolves folk too please!

many thanks

David