[Wolves] Real audio stream ripper

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 20:03:28 GMT 2005

Adam Sweet wrote:

> --- MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com wrote:
>

>>I know they say only Real can handle
>>their traffic but I want downloads, not streams :)
>>

>In a worst case, there is a Linux version of Real
>Player at http://www.real.com/linux/ but I can
>understand your unhappiness with having to use it. I
>include it here just in case you find no other way or
>playing the things.

Yeah, but no but - it has to be the right version or Real Player. I got
it working once then the Beeb broke it by changing their streaming. I
think I'm on 10 Gold.
But do you know about https://helixcommunity.org/ ? "Final versions are
available of the 100% open source Helix Player & RealPlayer 10 for
Linux, with RealAudio & RealVideo 10 and MP3 support."

>My main point: Perhaps you could write up how you got
>on for other people to use? This is obviously a thing
>that other people are going to come across and there
>seems to be no definitive answer in a "You need to do
>this, this and this" kind of way.
>
>Ad

I've been intending to put the advice everyone gave me about listening
to Windows Media radio stations on the Wiki. Perhaps we should start a
'streaming media advice section' or should it be how to read all
non-open bit streams?

Woo