[Wolves] Cheap mono Laser at PC World

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 21:02:42 GMT 2005

Simon Burke wrote:

>i have the ML 1510 myself, and it seems a good printer. nly problem i
>have noticed is that the supplied toner only does 1000 pages before
>you have to get another one for the same price as the printer, The
>actually come with linx drivers which is genedrally a good thing,
>though the ones supplied by the distro seem to work better.

There's an explaination for that. They only half-fill the first
cartridge to keep the initial price down.

We bought a 1510 from eBuyer for my daughter to take to university last
year and I've had no complaints so far either. It's a damn site more
reliable than the Kyocera that cost me a fortune and has never been able
to feed paper.

Woo