[Wolves] Webcams

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 09:37:56 GMT 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 01:09, Andy Wootton wrote:

> I've read somewhere in the last week (it may have been here) that
> Gnomemeeting will talk to Netmeeting if an extra codec is installed in
> the Wintel box but some people had trouble getting it to work. There is
> also a new standard but I can't remember the name, sorry.

Thats interesting, I was using Kopete for on-line chat but I only ever spoke
to one guy with it now and again.

When I saw Tim's post I thought of that but wasn't sure if it had webcam
capability. Looking at my menu list it seems I no longer have it I assume
(God that dreaded word) that apt has uninstalled it for some reason, plus it
does not seem to be available from the Fedora repos.

Anyway I do have gnomemeeting but no webcam I'm happy to connect to someone to
test it out if they like but of course I will only see them they wont see me.

What do you think?

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.