[Wolves] Strange graphics problem

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:43:29 GMT 2005

I have just come across a very strange graphics problem.  I've
upgraded my graphics card from an old 3dfx Voodoo Banshee with 16mb of
RAM to a NVidia 64mb GeForce - FX400  It has installed ok and been
registered in my SuSE box.  But, the damn resolution is wrong :-(  Sax
is reporting it as 1024x768 which is what I normally run at and am
happy with.  However, it most certainly is not this resolution and
Control Centre is correctly reporting it as being 800x600.  There is
no higher resolution available in Control Centre.  Which is ridiculous
because the card can handle it as can the monitor - it's what I ran
before on the old graphics card.  It's made worse by the fact that it
started up ok at 1024x768 and only dropped down when I put the colour
depth at 24 bit.  Again, my normal mode.  I have tried taking colour
depth back to 16 bit to no avail.

Any ideas?  NVidia drivers are installed.
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street