[Wolves] Re: To all LUGgers.....

Stephen Murphy steve at stephenmurphy.org.uk
Sat Jan 29 14:47:00 GMT 2005

I know this thread has been going for ages, but ...

> Helen Rose wrote:
> |>1.  Tim  - will install Mandrake 10.1 - Beginner.
> |>
> |>2.  sparkes - Debian / Ubuntu / OpenBSD / LFS /
> |>myown  ;-)   - been round the block
> |>
> |>3.  Ron - Gentoo / Ubuntu / SuSE - knew the block
> |>when
> |>it was a field.
> |>
> |>4.  Ade - Fedora / Ubuntu / Suse - erm, Bald [ we
> |>  need locking! ]
> |>

> |>5.  Woo - Minix, Linux-FT, Red Hat, Fedora
> |>(current), OpenBSD & Ubuntu(looking likely) Good at
> |>installations. Early stage of conversion from VMS
> |>to *x. Love the concepts & the Linux community; hate
> |>  the syntax.
> |>
> |>6.  Pete C Fedora / Suse / White box (under
> |>VMware)/and hopefully will take posession of Debian
> |>on
> |>DVD, tomorrow, £32.15 inc postage and packaging.
> |>
> |>7.  Simonb: Fedora 3/ ubuntu/ own linux as well as
> |>freeBSD, IRIX, HP-UX. Brought into it 9yrs ago, got
> |>voluntary position setting up HP-UX machines when
> |>in>
> |>yr10 of secondary school and compiled my first
> |>kernel
> |>in the days of the 2.2 kernel.
> |>
> |>8.  James - Fedora / Red Hat / ARMLinux (although
> |>not very much the latter) - Not as experienced as
> |>Ron
> |>
> |>9.  Baza - Ubuntu Linux geeky amateur
> |>
> |>10. Adam - Debian / Ubuntu. Skills are middling, I'm
> |>very capable but there are a number of gaping holes.
> |>Not as experienced as James
> |>
> |>11. Helen - Mandrake / Ubuntu (sort of) - very
> |>amateur
> |>
> |>12. Mo SuSE-beginner-intermediate
> |>
> |>13. Kevan - SuSE 9.2/Madrake 10.1 (very little used
> |>though) +I am ashamed to admit Win 2000 on the
> |>family
> |>PC.  I would calss myself as intermediate now
> |>as I've been around the block and learned very
> |>little.  I have had Corel Linux up and running in
> |>the
> |>past and been a beta tester for Xandros.  I just
> |>love to use Linux  :-)
> |>
> |>14. Rob - SuSE 9.2 - experience: absolute beginner
> |>but at least capable of tidying up long mail threads
> |>  ;)
> |>
> |>15. David - Ubuntu / Sarge. Experience: Capable of
> |>nearly anything, but lacking any C programming
> |>skills.
> |>  Started with RedHat 5.[02]{1} then moved
> |>to Slackware in 97/98. Dabbled once with some *BSDs,
> |>didn't think much of them. Part time Solaris9 admin
> |>few years ago.
> |>
> |>16. Gary - SuSE 9.2 - Stared with suse 6.2 and tried
> |>a few other distro's over the years, but I always
> |>prefered SuSE. I'm no expert, but I can get by
> |>with the help of google and this group.
> |>
> |>17. Fizz - Gentoo (debian, SuSE, *BSD) - Messed
> |>around
> |>with various linux/unix distros for about seven
> |>years,
> |>never found a perfect distro and always found linux
> |>lot of hard work compared with 'other operating
> |>systems ;)' on the desktop. Know my way around but
> [...]

22. Steve Murphy - have been running SuSE for about 3 years now.  Currently
use SuSE 9.1 on my main machine and 8.2 on my laptop.  I have been tinkering
with Gentoo, but due to lack of time, have yet to finish installing it!
Prior the wonderful world of Linux, I spent much of my formative years using
RISC OS on Acorn machines, as well as Windows, DOS and CPM+ when I really had
to.  Still have to use Windows at work, but I haven't booted Windows at home
for well over 6 months!

Regards,

Steve
--