[Wolves] Sugarcrm

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 13:20:15 GMT 2005

Hi All

I slipped in one of my posts that I wanted to have a look at Sugarcrm this is
a (professional Contact Relation Management database) well I got it loaded.

Had some initial permissions problems but nothing major I did muck up the
mysql permissions as well but sorted those out too.

While this is a proprietary piece of software I think it is released as open
source from sourceforge.net (at least thats were I got it from) I have to say
from a salesmans point of view it is very good runs like a dream on my Suse
box.

I've only had it working for a couple of hours, does anyone know what the UK
currency iso code is? at the moment it is set to US by default but you can
manually change it.

It requires Mysql, Apache and PHP the instillation script is dead easy with
next step through, if something isn't right it will show up red on the screen
you just go back and make the required changes if everything is fine it shows
up green.

They have a very astute purchase policy you don't buy it but pay a monthly
subscription I.e. rent it, something I believe Mr. Gates is considering its
one way of guaranteeing ongoing revenue.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon