[Wolves] I'm back..trying again.

sean_spencer at blueyonder.co.uk sean_spencer at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 23:51:15 BST 2005

Hello all,

I've just installed Fedora Core 4 on a Fujitsu Siemens PC. It has a
Celeron 1.8 GHz processor, and 256MB RAM.

I'm using Gnome, and find it shockingly slow. Has anyone else tried FC4 at
all ?

Here's an example. I launch OpenOffice Writer - I takes about 20 seconds
before I can use it (either starting a new document, or by clicking on an
already created Word document.)

I'm not expecting this thing to fly...but I'm SURE it should respond a LOT
quicker than that..(i.e. when compared to when this box had WinXP on it
with MS Office).

If I'm using the wrong distro, I dont mind - I would openly accept your
comments/suggestions on which one is better/faster (for a considerably
novice Linux user.).

Regards

Sean