[Wolves] Re: Ebay perhaps...

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 22:40:15 BST 2005

On 03/07/05, roundyz <roundyz at hotpop.com> wrote:

> Hey Kev,
>
> I have extra ide channels on my kn8sx pro. was gonna use them to setup a
> hardware raid 2X200GB in a striping array only(no backup). I currently use
> software raid which thanks to anaconda was a peice of piss to setup and
> performs well. So what exactly gets screwed up when you do?

The actual naming convention gets screwed up.  hda becomes something
silly hdd and so on.  I've only just started to run any flavour of
Linux on this PC about a week ago because of this.  I've been using my
old tin instead.  But, I have recently taken out all my extra drives
and just left the bog standard 2 opticals and 2 HD drives.  I never
did try setting up RAID with it though I could as it has it as a
separate BIOS.  One day maybe...
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer