[Wolves] Yoper - 10/10 from me. (for what thats worth!)

sean_spencer at blueyonder.co.uk sean_spencer at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 11:09:00 BST 2005

Hi All,

After using Yoper (http://www.yoper.com) for most of the
afternoon/evening yesterday, I have to say it's the slickest linux I
have tried to date. Those of you who read my earlier posts will know
that I had installed Fedora Core 4 on a Celeron 1.8 (initially with
256MB ram, but upgraded that to 512MB) - and quite frankly it ran like a
dog.

I had this box lying around and wanted it to become my learning platform
for Linux (as I've not used it for a LONG time - forced to use MS so
much)- however, if I had left FC4 on it - I doubt my learning would
have got too far due to the frustration of waiting for everything to happen.

Yoper is a complete contrast and runs amazingly well. I admit the
installer is not quite as 'pretty' or refind as other distro's I have
tried - but afterall, you only should ever see this once so what the hell !

OK, I've banged on enough about it now (and no, I'm not on comission!) -
just thought I'd let you guys know my findings - just incase you're
thinking of trying another flavour as it were.

Kind Regards,

Sean.