[Wolves] doing something useful with a G4

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:30:41 BST 2005

So I've got an Apple G4 at work that has been demoted thanks to the
arrival of a shiny new G5. I want to do something useful with it and
I'm looking for suggestions.

My original plan was to install Smoothwall on it - I need a better
firewall and I believe you can control it remotely without the need
for a monitor (is that right?) - but after investigation it turns out
that there isn't a PPC build for it and it won't install on a Mac.

Are there any other firewall type distros that install on a Mac?
Particularly one that I could control remotely.

Any general suggestions for good distros that install on a Mac?

Rob
--
http://rob.annable.co.uk