[Wolves] Re: more fedora (again)

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 16:10:58 BST 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 14:11, Larry Tomkins wrote:

> What is the matter with all of you distro snobs?

I try not to rise to this type of flame bait but I'm having a bad day so here
we go!

In no way could you call me a Distro snob!

I've used that many I've lost count I am in the fortunate position of having
access to hundreds of PC's and laptops most get some form of Linux loaded on
them as a trial.

Yes I have two distributions that I favor but then so do most people you cant
work them all all the time.

> I agree with Roundyz.
> All distros have faults

And so do I

> Each to their own
> How many "fresh" computer users and owners have ever
> heard of Linux ? never mind fedora.
> People think of computers and naturally associate
> Windows.

Really I'd never have guessed

> I bet there is a high percentage of experienced users
> that have heard of linux, but think it's a character
> from a Peanuts cartoon not an operating system.
> Everybody is a newby at sometime, everybody has to ask
> questions, everybody has things that they don't know
> it's not a crime that's how you learn.
>  So instead of being bitter at someone who asks (what
> you consider) a dumb question
>    HELP THEM

And what dumb question was that? you've lost me.

> that's the way forward !!
> I have not been involved with this LUG for very long,
> but I am quickly getting disillusioned with the
> attitudes that I have experienced, you are giving
> Linux very bad press. How do you expect to spread the
> word?

I am a shining example of a Linux convert who has dragged himself up from
nothing the hard way from whining that nobody would help getting into spats
and generally throwing my toys around!

I have helped numerous members both on and off this and other lists, I have
also given away more kit and software than you'll ever know.

I am the biggest defenders of Novices, I hate the word newbie, I take
exception at your accusations of;

quote -->"HELP THEM"
quote -->"Giving Linux a bad press"

I suggest in future you;

1. READ ALL  the content of my mails
2. Understand whats being said
3. Realise that on this occasion it was just a friendly piss take out of each
other which if you had done 1. & 2. would have been obvious.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing,