[Wolves] Re: more fedora (again)

Stuart Langridge stuart.langridge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:43:40 BST 2005

On 7/7/05, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first 'chrysalis' is helped by a friendly
> naturalist.  It emerges but is weak and drab looking.  The second
> 'chrysalis' has to fight and struggle and is generally worn out by the
> time it emerges.

And he stood there looking at me, and I saw him smile, and he said:
Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it he's gotta be tough
And I knew I wouldn't be there to help you along.
So I gave you that name and I said goodbye
I knew you'd have to get tough or die
And it's that name that's helped to make you strong
He said: now you just fought one hell of a fight
And I know you hate me, and you've got the right to kill me now
And I wouldn't blame you if you do
But you oughta thank me, before I die
For the gravel in your guts and the spit in your eye.
'Cos I'm the asshole that named you Sue.
  -- Johnny Cash, "A Boy Named Sue"

(The short version is: give a man a fire and he's warm for a day; set
him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life! Or something
similar.)

Aq.