[Wolves] London

Stuart Langridge stuart.langridge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:19:56 BST 2005

> > I dunno what to think now :S I can't seem to get
> > hold of my friend, although
> > she's in North London, so I bet it's just the phone
> > masts being turned off.
>
> I heard on the radio that some of the mobile phone
> networks are down as a result.

Combination of
1. Everyone in England ringing their friends in London to check they're OK
2. The network shifting into emergency mode and rejecting calls so
that emergency service communication can get through
3. A few mobile phone masts being destroyed through the bombs.

Number 1 is likely to be the major cause; remember that the mobile
network often goes down at New Year too when everyone rings their
friends. Ordinary landline calls to London are also at least partially
down with a BT "the network is busy" announcement.

Aq.