[Wolves] After that how about Crackling Sound and Boot-ups.

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 20:44:47 BST 2005

Bobby Singh wrote:

>Crackling Sound;
>
>Now i have installed Vector.  Like all linux
>distros(except mandrake were allmost everything
>worked). The sound is crackling especaily onilne with
>firefox.  Normally I solve this via the KDE sound
>control centre.  Then changing the values untill it
>got better.  It seems this problem is independent of
>distros so is there a proper way i can solve this.

Is there any chance this is due to electrical interference between your
NIC and sound card when there is net traffic? Maybe you just turned off
the input channel picking up noise. If you can, try getting some space
between them by moving cards to different  slots.

The above comes from experience not understanding!

Woo