[Wolves] Folder & File permissions on a Linux server

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 9 08:51:56 BST 2005

Hi Folk

I have just transferred the church website to a Linux
server through a web hosting co.. What are the best
file and folder permissions I should give to allow
access but maintain security of the website ?

When I first transferred everything over the website
was not accessible, so I changed permissions and
everything works fine now. The current permissions I
have now are:

htdocs
owner: can view and modify content
Group: Forbidden
Others: can view content

I have also checked the field: only owner can rename
and delete folder content

Should I leave the html pages as executable?

Thanks for any help

Mo