[Wolves] Re: dreamweaver alternative

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 10 15:22:42 BST 2005

roundyz wrote:

>Thankyou all for your help with the dream weaver alternative I will look into
>it.
>
>Now I have a different problem. Again with networking. First of all my network
>starts fine on boot both adapters but when somebody logs in the have to
>activate the adaptors again to get the networking...Has anyone has a similar
>problem? this is gonna play havoc with my server plans. It has only started
>to happen since I upgraded fedora to core 4. In 3 it worked fine. All
>settings was carried over using anoconda's upgrade option.

I think network devices can be set up to be activated by users on
demand. This is really for modems. In that case I guess you would want
the connection to close down when the user logged out. I'd check if this
is how your Ethernet devices are configured. You may want to start them
up at boot or set them to start up on demand.

Woo