[Wolves] Stickers Logos and Identity's

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 20:39:27 BST 2005

Peter Cannon wrote:

>What is the Linux Logo? (stay with me a minute) you'll all probably scream
>"Its TUX you moron" but theres a problem stick a penguin in front of say your
>mum and shell probably say "Penguin biscuits"

Tell her the story - Linus adopted a penguin in the zoo. He went to
visit it and it bit him on the bum.

I love this because it demonstrates brilliantly that no marketing person
had their hands on it (the logo, not Linus'...)

> so OK what about the GNU goat

I think the GNU gnu is good but the GNU/Linux gnu/penguin combo seem an
unlikely pair.

>Everyone knows the MS logo the moment they see it they know what its about.

It's the word "Microsoft". The logo you are probably thinking of is for
Windows and it changes (probably incompatibly) with major versions.

Woo