[Wolves] Tiscali and Linux

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 10:24:59 BST 2005

On 16/07/05, Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
> Anyone has any experience of using Tiscali broadband
> with Linux. I am asking as one of our friends wants to
> go on Linux but they are on Tiscali broadband at the
> moment. Also Any suggestions of boradband modems the
> will work with Linux just in case I hit problems with
> their current modem (I don't know what it is yet).

Generally speaking if the cable modem has an ethernet port then you
don't have to worry. So long as your Linux box has an ethernet port
too of course!

Usually DHCP will just grab an IP address from Tiscali through the cable modem.

The only slight flaw is that if you have a problem often the providers
will only be able to talk through problem diagnosis from a windows
platform.

Cheers,
Al.