[Wolves] Tiscali and Linux

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 16 21:06:22 BST 2005

I picked up one of these, remaindered at Brum Apple shop so that I can
share out a broadband modem..

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.html?quicklinx=2V3J&familyid=0

They are an 'ADSL router' with the ADSL modem removed. It will plug into
either a cable modem or a DSL modem and has Ethernet out at the other
side. There's some sort of firewall built in too but I don't intend to
rely on it. I bought it so that my daughter's new student house can be
either NTL cable or ADSL.

They don't exactly seem to be selling like hot-cakes but I suspect that
is because Joe Public doesn't understand what he's buying and keeps
bringing it back.

Woo